Words Around the Block
- Codes for Courtyards
- Jane Jacobs at 100: Ideas That Live On
- A 4-Micro-Unit House
- Better Together: Small House Living Thrives in a Community
- Pocket Neighborhoods for Special Niches
- Messy and Complicated, or Nourishing and Supportive?
- Cohousing vs Pocket Neighborhoods – What’s the Difference?
- A Camp for Life-Long Children
- 10 Ways to Create Community Where You Live
- The Good Porch
Category Archives: Living in Community
Building a community from scratch is daunting, but the good news is that vibrant communities can grow from existing neighborhoods over time through the actions of people who live there, often without much money being spent. Right here, right now: … Continue reading
Summertime: a perfect time for porches. I grew up in a classic shingled bungalow with a wrap around porch. My sister’s family lives there now. The front porch faces the street and the lake (as many in Minnesota do); the … Continue reading
Pocket Neighborhoods have received quite a bit of press since Ross Chapin Architects and The Cottage Company began building their communities in the Pacific Northwest in the 1990s. These intimate neighborhoods feature groupings of detached cottages and small homes clustered … Continue reading