Words Around the Block
- Jane Jacobs at 100: Ideas That Live On
- A Microhouse House
- Better Together: Small House Living Thrives in a Community
- Pocket Neighborhoods for Special Niches
- Messy and Complicated, or Nourishing and Supportive?
- Cohousing vs Pocket Neighborhoods – What’s the Difference?
- A Camp for Life-Long Children
- 10 Ways to Create Community Where You Live
- The Good Porch
- Not Just Cute Cottages
Category Archives: Design Bones
I’m enjoying reading articles here, here and here about Jane Jacobs, who would have been 100 years old today. Born in 1916, she was a self-taught urbanist and citizen activist who championed walking-scaled, neighborhood-centered cities. Though she had no college … Continue reading
We are currently working on a new community to provide safe and permanent housing for adults with intellectual, developmental and acquired disabilities. Over the years we’ve helped create pocket neighborhoods for singles and empty nesters, market-rate multi-generational buyers and folks … Continue reading
Cohousing has been taking hold across North America and around the world, offering an enticing option for people wanting to live in a more closely knit community. Some even call it a movement. Pocket Neighborhoods are being tossed around as … Continue reading